The University Entrance Examination includes a phonetics section with an exercise of the type tick the odd one out. In this excellent web site by Pedro Felipe de la Iglesia Diéguezyou will find everything you need to prepare that part of the paper, from Phonemic charts, to on line minimal pairs, silent letters, ed past endings, vowels, diphthongs , and stress pattern exercises.
News in English
Web sites aimed at Students of English as a second language
- smrt video lessons: summaries, grammar and tenses
- smrt excellent collection of grammar videos you tube channel
- British Council Learn English Teens
- British Council
- BBC six minute English
- BBC Words in the News
- English Page. A web site with clear explanations of grammar points followed by exercises
- A page from Junta de Andalucia Education Department with exercises covering 2nd year batx syllabus
- A useful blog to prepare the grammar part of PAU exam: rephrasing
Another useful blog created by a teacher covering 2nd batx contents.
- elllo, a great page to practice listening. You can also download audio.
- Perfect English Grammar In this site you will find grammar tutorials and pdf downloadable exercises
- English Grammar 4U on line In this site you will find plenty of exercises for autonomous learning.
- Table of English Tenses (1)
A free website with plenty of exercises to prepare for the British Council International English Language Testing System
Web sites in English
- Humans of New York (bank of portraits and personal stories)
- Ted (Videos of interesting talks covering all kind of issues)
- BigThink (A collection of videos with ideas from the top thinkers in the world)
- Cambridge on line Learner’s Dictionary aimed at Intermediate learners of English at CEF levels A2-B2